In this tutorial, we will discuss about ExpressJS, Architecture of ExpressJS, why use ExpressJS and Features of ExpressJS.
- ExpressJS Introduction
- Architecture of ExpressJS
- why use ExpressJS
- Features of ExpressJS
1. Expressjs Introduction
- Express.js was developed by TJ Holowaychuk. The first release, according
to Express.js GitHub repository was on 22 May 2010. Version 0.12
- ExpressJS as a layer built on the top of the Node.js that helps
manage a server and routes.
- It is a framework for Node.js.
- It allows to setup middleware to respond to HTTP Requests
- It is used for building backend of web application. So it can be used
server side application on NodeJS.
- It support MVC Architecture.
- ExpressJS you have access to several functions that will
facilitate and reduce the development time of your web application. So It is
a fast, robust and asynchronous in nature.
- 1895 companies reportedly use ExpressJS in their tech stacks, including
Twitter, Accenture, and Stack
The below architecture diagram show how expressJS internally work with
- Whenever a angularJS application makes a request, After that request
enters second stage, where we have Node.js as server side and ExpressJS as
backend web framework.
- Node.js handles the client/server requests and ExpressJS makes request
to the database.
- In the last stage, MongoDB (database) retrieves the data and sends the
response to ExpressJS.
- ExpressJS returns the response to Nodejs and in turn to AngularJS and
then displays the response to user or angular Application.
2. Why use ExpressJS?
The following factors which describe why we use ExpressJS not others.
everywhere ( web application, mobile).
- Using ExpressJS you can develop web application in a short period of
- It is provide middlewares to give respond for HTTP Requests.
- It provides simplicity, flexibility for the developers.
3. Features of ExpressJS
Ther are some common features of ExpressJs.
- Faster Server side Development - It used some features
of NodeJS. That can support anywhere in the program which make develoment
- Middlewares - It allows to give respond for HTTP
- Template - It allows to dynamically render HTML Pages
based on passing arguments to templates.
- Routing - It provides highly advance routing mechanism.